[Part of Harmonia Philosophica ring of portals]
Programming is easy and fun!
And what better place to start your adventure in coding with an attempt to create your own chess program.
This site is a portal for amateurs and beginners with the goal of creating a simple chess program! All the basics are covered and some advanced subjects are also documented. Various tutorials are here to make you feel more comfortable when creating your first chess program.
The main idea is that every tutorial is simple and intuitive for everyone to follow regardless of programming experience.
Content is updated regularly, so make sure to keep coming for new articles!
All tutorials are using the code from Huo Chess. You can find Huo Chess source code for free at any one of the GitHub repositories:
- Huo Chess DV edition (.NET Core) @ GitHub
- Huo Chess v0.9923 (.NET Framework) @ GitHub
- Huo Chess Java edition @ GitHub
- Huo Chess Quick BASIC 64-bit edition @ GitHub
Quick start with the…
- How to develop a chess program from scratch (for total beginners) Ep. 1
- How to develop a chess program from scratch (for total beginners) Ep. 2
Main articles to start with include…
- How to code a chess program in one day. (C# and Java examples)
- Huo Chess – Chess programming learning tutorials
- Programming a chess application in QBasic (QB64)
- Programming for kids: Developing a chess program in BASIC – Part 1
- How to Develop a Chess Program for Dummies
Other interesting articles…
- The terror of debugging a chess program (and the unexpected benefits…)
- Article: Chess Program thought process analysis
So don’t lose time!
Go on and have fun!
[Part of Harmonia Philosophica]